- White House Task Force on Climate Preparedness and Resilience Recommendations
- NEW: President's Near-Term Actions To Address Climate Impacts
- More info on the Task Force
- The Council on Environmental Quality
- National Climate Assessment
- 2014 U.S. Climate Action Report
- Built Systems Survey
- Natural Resources and Agriculture Survey
- President's Climate Data Initiative
- WSJ/NBC News Poll: 67% of American Support New EPA Carbon Emission Regulations
- Learn more about America's PrepareAthon!
- Commissioner Brooks to conduct 'Resilience Roundtable' outreach visit in Youngstown
- Commissioner Brooks to conduct 'Resilience Roundtable' outreach visit in East Liverpool
- Statement from Commissioner Brooks regarding new USDA Conservation Funds to improve Lake Erie
Task Force on Climate Preparedness and Resilience
On Nov. 1, 2013, President Obama issued his Executive Order, (Exec. Order No. 13653, 78 Fed. Reg. 66817), dealing with the impacts of climate change and establishing, in subsection 7, a bipartisan Task Force for Climate Preparedness and Resilience.
I was honored to be appointed as Ohio's sole Task Force member, along with 25 other State, Local, and Tribal leaders from around the nation.
I was appointed Co-Chair of the Energy Sector of the Built Systems Subgroup, and also served on the Natural Resources and Agriculture Subgroup, leading in the Food System Security and Sustainability area.
Immediately after our appointment, the White House asked each member on the Task Force to reach out to stakeholders to seek ways we all can most effectively work together, collaboratively, to address this complex issue.
We worked with stakeholders around the state to identify how the federal government, without new money, can remove bureaucratic barriers, invest wisely, and otherwise facilitate preparedness and systemic resilience to what we know is happening... more frequent and more severe weather impacts.
Board of Commissioners Agencies
- Animal Care & Control
- Child Support Enforcement
- Economic Development
- Fleet Management
- Homeland Security
& Justice Programs
- Human Resources